If you are in financial need, you may be able to apply for Discretionary Learner Support for help towards:
- Travel to and from your class
- Essential books, equipment or field trips, as set out in the course details
- Childcare (providing you are using an Ofsted registered childminder, crèche, nursery or playgroup)
- Travel to and from your childcare provider
- Additional course costs such as exam fees, accreditation fees or professional membership fees, where these are an essential part of the course.
You can apply for help for up to three courses in each academic year, and there are some upper limits on childcare and other costs, which change annually. It is best to apply early as the funds are limited.
If you feel that you are being prevented from learning because of financial hardship, contact your tutor or Caroline on 0115 985 8203 or email@example.com