Tutor: Natalie Smith
Venue: The Sherwood Cookery Workshop,621 Mansfield Road,NG5 2FX
Dates: 20th March – 17th July 2014
Time: Thursday 1.30pm -4.30pm
Duration: 15 Sessions
FEE: £157.50Concessions £141.75) Fee Waived for those on income related benefits or low-income
Fabrics/threads/patterns – You will be advised as what to bring each session.
• To learn a range of textile based crafts including, felting, embroidery, printing, appliqué and fabric flowers.
• To learn how to experiment with these techniques and how they can be combined to create interesting decorative textiles.
• To produce a range of finished craft items.
This course is aimed at those who are interested in learning new textile based crafts including felting, rag rugging, embroidery, printing and appliqué. You will be able to explore and experiment with a range of crafts and make a range of finished craft items.
Any prior knowledge or entry requirements?
Course content: what topics will the course cover?
Felting and Needle Felting
Printing onto Fabrics
Teaching, learning and assessment methods: tick those to be used
Demonstration √ Discussion √ Individual work √
Project work √ Research √
Question and answer √ Observation √ Practical work √
How will I receive feedback on my learning progress and achievement?
We will regularly discuss your progress and highlight areas for development and how you can achieve the course aims set out at the beginning of the course.
these are the intended outcomes and may be revised in discussion with the class. Students are encouraged to think about and identify their own individual outcomes.
By the end of the course, students should be able to:
1. Demonstrate their ability to make a range of craft items.
2. Identify different types of embellishment and decorative techniques.
3. Demonstrate their ability to experiment and explore a range of crafts.
4. Express their individual creativity.
5. Demonstrate their ability to reflect upon and evaluate their work and highlight areas of strength and those for development.
Reading and information sources: Is any reading/preparation essential or desirable?
Not applicable before starting the course. Books and magazines are available throughout the course for ideas and inspiration.
Please contact Caroline on 0115 985 8203 or email firstname.lastname@example.org