In2Art: In2Drawing – Wednesday – Nottingham Contemporary C2329092
Tutor: Chris LewisJones
Venue: Nottingham Contemporary, Weekday Cross, Nottingham, NG1 2GB
Date: Wednesday 11th January 2012
Time: Duration: 6 Meetings
Time: 2 Hours,6pm -8pm
Fee: £40.20 (£36.18 Concessions) No fee for those on income related benefits or low income.
The Aims of the course:
- Enhance learners’ understanding and appreciation of innovative approaches to drawing, as a preparation for other work and as a valid activity in its own right
- Enhance learners’ understanding and appreciation of innovative approaches to mark making, as a preparation for other work and as a valid activity in its own right
- Enhance learners’ ability to engage in creative collaboration
- Enhance learners’ ability to engage in and appreciate/enjoy contextual analysis
- Enhance learners’ ability to engage with contemporary art
Topics to be covered
Topics and content will be dictated by evolving vocational and educational aspirations and needs of the learning group, as a whole, and of each individual learner. However, they will certainly include:
Analytical, expressionistic and random approaches to drawing, collaborative drawing, collaborative design, drawing with non-drawing media (such as light, wire and bodies), research into art and artists, contemporary theory and practice, mark making, antagonistic media, visual literacy and presentation values
As a result of attending this course it may be possible for you to:
- Design and produce a substantial analytical drawing
- Design and produce a substantial expressive drawing
- Design and produce a drawing using non-drawing media
- Co-Design and co produce a collaborative drawing
- Produce designs that are executed with speed and fluency
- Design and display a cross media drawing composition
Teaching methods, learning activities
Teaching & learning activities: generally: tutor-lead discussions and practical exercises followed by learner-lead workshops and personal exploration leading to summative plenary.
Through a combination of discussions, learner presentations and a variety of set assignments, the tutor will ensure that learners are making progress. Most assessment will be informal, though written feedback will be provided at the end of the course and whenever might be appropriate during the course.
Previous learning required
Everyone is welcome and no previous qualifications are essential, though a genuine interest in drawing and mark making is essential
Essential materials or equipment
Pen, soft pencils, sketch pad/journal, Stanley knife, gaffa tape, masking tape
Where the course may lead
The tutor can provide you with information about what you can do next with the WEA and other local providers. A Giving Information and Advice county leaflet is available with useful local information. What Next? leaflets are available from your tutor or programme organiser to help you with your choices. If you would like to discuss what options are available or how to obtain guidance, please contact your programme organiser.
Books/sites/learning resources will be recommended as and when appropriate
If you need help with paying for fees or childcare, you may be entitled to financial support. Ask your tutor or programme organiser for more information. We will treat all requests confidentially and with respect in accordance with our Learner Support Policy (see Services for Learners leaflet).
Help with learning
If you have a disability or learning difficulty, let us know as early as possible so that we can make arrangements to provide you with support. We will treat requests for help confidentially and with respect. Ask your tutor for more information. If you prefer, contact your Regional Office and ask to speak to someone about learning support (see Services for Learners leaflet).
Help with English, Maths or Study Skills
You are also entitled to extra help and support with English, Maths or Study Skills. Ask your tutor for more information. If you prefer, contact your Regional Office and ask to speak to someone about help with English, Maths or Study Skills.
Please contact Caroline on 0115 985 8203 or email email@example.com