Catchy title I know but the good news is that the project has now been compleated and met its targets. Over the course of the project 294 hours of tutor supported ICT drop In sessions have been conducted by 5 WEA tutors across 5 community centres. 231 drop in learners were assisted with a wide variety of issues ranging from using Google through to CAD questions.
12 lucky learners were randomly selected to make small purchases on Amazon. For many of the lucky few this was their first online purchase.
This is what they bought:
- The Final Fantasy XIII Complet Official Guide
- DVD 2010
- Baby Dress Clothes
- A Hand Bag
- One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez
- Latin for Beginners by Angela Wilkes, J. Shackell Illustrated by John Shackell
- WordPress for Dummies by Lisa SabinWilson
- Sugababes by Emily Sheridan
- USB Memory Stick
- Mums Know Best: The Hairy Bikers’ Family Cookbook by Dave Myers and Si King
- The Dressmaker’s Technique Bible: A Complete Guide to Fashion Sewing Techniques by Lorna Knight
There is some talk of the Chase Community Centre in Nottingham’s St. Anns continuing the drop in sessions under their own steam. We wish them well with that.